Friday, October 17, 2008

The rest of our trip

Here are a couple pictures of the rebuilt Nauvoo Temple.

I love this one that my Mom took. 
Isn't the scenery amazing!!!

This is the home of the Browning family, and the gun smith. It is one of many homes and stores in Nauvoo.
This is the first home that Joseph Smith lived in in Nauvoo. It is right on the Mississippi River and has a breath taking view.
It is also the final resting place of Joseph, Emma, and Hyrum Smith.
Joseph and Hyrums bodies were secretly hidden for many years. In 1928 They were reburied for the final time .
             Nauvoo was so beautiful, If any of you get the chance to visit, it is definitely worth it!

We had a fun slumber party at the hotel and painted each others toe nails.
Here is Grandma with the babies.
                             The next morning we drove 20 miles to visit Carthage Jail.
This is the room that the jail was in. The jail was actually in a family's home.
This is the bullet hole in the door.
The top window is the Window Joseph Smith fell out of when he was shot.
It was a neat experience going into the jail and learning of the events that happened there! 
Marlie was being noisy and wiggling all around, when we went into the room where Joseph Smith was shot we listened to a 4 minute audio tape. She went silent and held perfectly still during the whole thing. We all felt the spirit and it strengthened my testimony of Joseph Smith and all that he sacrificed for us and the church.


Splish, splash, Marlie and Hudson taking a bath!

We all had a great visit, and it was sad to say goodbye! I am grateful for the time we got to spend together, and look forward to Mary and Hudson's next visit in November!
I hope I didn't bore you all with all of the pictures, I just had a hard time picking from all of them.

3 comments:

Cerise "Mama" Outhier said...

No you didn't bore me! I love the pictures, and it's so awesome that you were able to enjoy your time with Mary & your sweet Mom :) I miss you all so much & hope to make a trip up next summer! Did I hear, "Bear Lake?" Maybe we'll see my moose again, but hopefully NOT from the inside of a Subaru this time! HAHAHAHAHA!

Cam and Mary said...

I'm sitting here in my empty house missing you like crazy after looking at those-thanks a lot! :)It really was a great trip, huh? Nauvoo was awesome with you guys. I will never forget our fun at the hotel. You are the best sister!

Staiger Smiles said...

What a fun trip!! My heart hurts for you with missing your sister. I'm glad you got to go visit and have such a great time!!