Thursday, October 9, 2008

The city of St.Louis

Most of you know that my Mom and I are in Missouri visiting my sister Mary, her husband Cam and their darling baby Hudson. I am actually watching Marlie and Hudson right now and the are both sleeping. I decided to blog so there won't be so much to blog about when I get home. My mom and Marlie and I flew here on Tuesday. I HATE to fly!!! We flew in a much smaller plane than I would have preferred, but we made it alive so I shouldn't complain. Yesterday we went shopping to a really cool mall. We went to the Children's Place just to look. 2 hours later we left with a huge bag of clothes. The awesome thing is that we hardly spent anything! It was the craziest sale ever! I got 12 pieces of WINTER clothing for $41.00's (that is including 8.5% sales tax!) I got a hoodie that was normally $21.00's for $4.50. We were so happy with ourselves and our big finds!!! Well enough about that. Look and big boy Hudson!!
I was so excited to see Mary, Cam and Hudson. Hudson has grown so much! Last time I saw him he was 6 weeks old and weighed 12 lbs. Now he is 4 months old and weighs at least 17lbs. He is seriously bigger than Marlie who is 10 months! (Marlie is a little peanut, but still!) Well, he is so cute and fun. I am afraid that I am going to be so sad on Sunday when we go home.

Today Cam had the day off of work so he took us to into St.Louis City where he works. On the way there My mom wanted us to stop by a Cemetery to find some of our ancestor's graves.( My great, great, great grandpa and his family.) We got a little lost trying to find it, then when we got there we found out that the headstones we were looking for didn't exist. They knew where they were buried, but only 1 out of the 6 had a headstone.


Cam had to clean up Hudson after he made a MESSY accident in his pants!!

After the scenic drive through the SLUMS (I was scared for our lives!) We made it into St.Louis and went to the famous ARCH. They call it the gateway to the West. We went on a ride inside of it and all the way to the top. It is over 620 feet tall, but it looks and feels like over 1000!!

This is a picture of the St. Louis Cardinals baseball field and on the Mississippi River from the top of the Arch.
When we got down we ate lunch right underneath the Arch. We have been having a great time. Tomorrow we are going to Nauvoo until Saturday. I will post more when I get home. I MISS Dave and the kids tons! I appreciate all of their help while I am gone!

5 comments:

The Petersen's said...

How fun! I am very jealous of your hoodie find I have never been good at finding good deals like that!

Jamie said...

Very fun! I am also very jealous of those deals... Anything good for boys in say, 3T? Enjoy Nauvoo. I absolutely loved it!

Cam and Mary said...

Thanks again for coming. I hope you had a good time. I know we did! It was so much fun to have you and Marlie here. My house feels so empty now!

Michelle said...

What a lot of fun.
I bet you really miss your kids.

The Shirley Family said...

It sounds and looks like you guys had so much fun. Mary had told me about all your great deals shopping, Good work!!

Also I love the new blog look, very cute!!