Monday, February 2, 2009

Fog,frost,frozen noses,and fun!!!

We knew it was going to be a different experience in Bear Lake as we got to the scenic over look. Were you usually see the beautiful turquoise Lake we saw this instead. As we started down the hill we drove into the Fog. We hopped that it would clear when we got to the cabin, but it didn't. The cabin is there if you look hard enough you can see it.
Even in the fog we still had a great time. I did feel a little claustrophobic not being able to see more than across the street. I did miss the seeing the beautiful view out of the cabin windows. Maybe we will see the lake next time we go.
When we were almost there we had a little road block. Or should I say we blocked the road!, We were going up the last hill when the trailer slid of the ice, the trailer got jack kniffed, and then we got stuck!! It was actually quite humorous! My husband always amazes me in how he can figure anything out. After taking the 4 wheeler off of the trailer and turning it around with a cable, then getting the Ranger off and towing the trailer down the road, he was able to get the Suburban unstuck and we were off! I would have never known how to get us out of that situation without calling 911!

Averie Goodliffe, Maddi, Kayla, and Kaberlyn, making funny faces!
We had a full house all weekend. The girls invited Kamberlyn to come with us for the weekend. She is such a sweetie, we enjoyed having her with us! Dave' sis. Cortnie and her hubby Chris came up with their kids. It was Cort.'s B-day on Saturday. We were glad to share her 23 birthday with her!! (It was really her 32, but who's counting!) My friend Brooke and her kids were able to come up for a night as well. Jake and Tracie cam up on Sat. to sled. They all went home Saturday. Then on Sunday Misty and Stu came up, later that day Steve and Karen Hurd came and spent the night with their kids! It was a little crazy, but we had a blast!
Kayla took the camera outside to take some photos of the frost. She even took pictures of the wild turkey tracks, and about 20 wild turkeys at the cabin across the street. I thought they were some good pictures!
Marlie had a good time at the cabin, but preferred being inside!
The kids spent hours sledding down the driveway. There were lots of wipe outs, and I was amazed that no one got hurt! There is a picture of Kayla and Tracie hitting the snow pile at the bottom of the driveway. We always enjoy the time we get to spend at the cabin. Can't wait to go back!Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

What a trip - I've never seen Bear Lake looking like that...I would have called 911 on the trailer thing too!

The Shirley Family said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. I love all the pics, and tell Kayla good work on the pictures. I love Marlie's hat, she looks adorable in it.

Alisha said...

Kamberlyn had such a blast with her extended family. We love you guys. Thanks for making my daughter part of your family.

Cam and Mary said...

Sorry about not writing a comment sooner! We wish we could've been part of the fun at Bear Lake! If I'm ever in a disaster, I hope Dave is nearby! Very cute pictures of all the kiddos!