Monday, July 6, 2009

Moving on up!!!!

I am only about a month and 100's of pictures behind on blogging! I have so many pictures of the summer I need to get on here, but I don't want to miss some of the other fun things that have happened!

The 5th Grade Science fair was a new thing for us this year! Kayla knew right away that she wanted to do something with model rockets. With the help of her Dad and the rest of the crew (Maddi, Mason, and Mom) she got the project done. She did several different launches, and each launch she added more weight to the rockets nose cone to see how it would affect the rockets flight and decent.

I was amazed at all of the very cool and creative things that all of the students had done for their projects! Kayla did a very good job on her board and all of the other students and parents were very interested in learning more about it. She ended up getting Blue ribbon!!!!

Now on to the big news! Mckayla graduated fifth grade and is moving on up to the Intermediate School! She is will also be leaving the bus and bus driver that she has had for the last 6 years! She will now be on the bus with 11-18 year old! YIKES!!!!!I can not believe that she isn't going to be in Elementary school anymore!

The school had a very nice graduation for the kids! Here is Kayla with some of her friends and teachers! Mr. Bennette is the teacher in the black shirt, he was my 5th grade teacher! He was and still an awesome teacher! I am feeling many mixed emotions watching my daughter grow up! It is exciting, and very scary at the same time! I just want Kayla to know how much I love her and that I am so proud of the choices that she makes everyday! She is a great daughter,sister, and friend!!!!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

The Shirley Family said...

Awesome job on your science project, Kayla! I can't believe this was her last year in Elementary School. It's crazy to think she is old enough for middle school.

Cam and Mary said...

I was talking about Kayla the other day to a friend and almost freaked out when I realized how old she is! I think I forget sometimes and feel like her and Maddi are still my "little nieces!"

Katie Abernethy said...

Congrats on winning the blue ribbon MaKayla! Good luck next year!

Sylv said...

Keri Beth, I get tears when I see how beautiful your family is. I want you and Dave to know that you are doing a fabulous job with these precious gifts from God. Keep up the good work and I love you. Sylv

Amy said...

That's crazy! I'm not old enough for this stuff, so I'm pretty sure you're not either! I'm glad you decided to update your blog. I'm still waiting for the right motivation. I'm such a procrastinator!

darcymae said...

i didnt know mr bennett still taught school. what a blast from the past!

Scott and Shay said...

Wow! I didn't know elementary only went to 5th grade in Tremonton, ours went to 6th grade! That just makes her seem so much older!