Sunday, November 9, 2008

Leaves are falling all around

Every year when the leaves start to fall, I start to think of all of the fun pictures we could take. Yes, I said fun. I guess they are fun if you consider this fun.
Me: Kids we are going to go take some pictures in the leaves.
Kids: No, Mom, Please NO
( That is still what we say to my Mom when she wants to take family pictures!)
Me: Come on I got you new shirts.
Kids: (Look and the shirts) I don't like those, those are ugly! I am not wearing that!
Me: Okay, let's go do your hair.
Kids: Crying while I force them to at least comb the tangles out of their hair.
Me: Get into the car, right now!!
Kids: Are we there yet?
Me: Okay smile, say cheese.
Kids:  Screaming, Don't touch me! Mom, someone is hitting me!
Me: Stop hitting each other! Just SMILE!!!! Act like you love each other!
Kids: Are we done yet, can we please go home!
Me: Just one more I promise, just look at the camera and smile.
After about ten more I finally let them get up and go.
That is how it goes every year! And I hope it goes like that for many more years to come.
I just wanted you all to know the true story, but look at the priceless pictures I got of my kids!
The kids doggy piled on each other so Dave sat Marlie on top. I love the look on her face! The next one is my favorite with all of the kids together!
Here are my favorite ones of the girls!




Mason likes to get his picture taken, but he likes to pose himself. His favorite pose is showing off his big muscles. I always have to take one like that before he will let me take a good one!


What a handsome boy!!!


Here are the pictures of Marlie that I took. It is not always easy getting a baby to smile when she has a double ear infection, is getting new teeth, has the croup, and would rather eat the leaves then the sit on them. They aren't the greatest, but I thought they turned out cute considering what we were up against! 












 

I did have her hair done before we left the house.






Well, I guess that's all until next fall!

12 comments:

The Shirley Family said...

I love reading your conversation about trying to get the kids pictures taken, too funny. I think they all turned out darling. Marlie playing in the leaves is so cute.

Unknown said...

Well I'm impressed you got such great pictures...I would have had even harder time to get my kids to do that. I have been wanting some pictures of them with the leaves...you got me thinking:) I've got to find a park with lots of leaves or we could just go over to the our other house in which we need to go pick up the leaves...lots of leaves but, also a lot of bugs. Oh, what the kids would say! LOL Who knows they might actually like playing in the leaves but, getting them dressed and looking appropriate for pictures...now that's another story! LOL

Cam and Mary said...

KB, your kids are so beautiful! I think they turned out great! I can't wait to see all of their adorable faces in person very soon!

The Lunds said...

Thanks for being honest! You made me feel a little better about our picture taking episode. Your pictures turned out great!

Amy said...

You took those?! I'm impressed! Doesn't hurt to have adorable kids. Makes up for any lack of talent (not that you are lacking any). Makes my car ride to St. George look almost normal!

Cynthia said...

These pictures are so cute! I found your blog today and enjoyed reading your latest blogs - I hope all is well with you and your family. Cynthia

Cerise "Mama" Outhier said...

Ha ha ~ love the "real" story behind those adorable pictures! Worth all the pain & suffering...and someday the kids will look back on those pics & be grateful they have them :)You're a terrific mom & I love you!

Michelle said...

Your conversation with the kids is priceless. Its funny, but that is exactly how our pictures went. Triston was grumpy because I made him wear pants. AHHHH what to do.
Anyway. The pictures look GREAT

Scott and Shay said...

Wow! These turned out way cute! I'm glad you guys got to stop by that day even if it was only for a second...sorry we haven't been able to talk or see you guys to much, life is CRAZY right now!

Poppa said...

We have enjoyed our visit to No. Utah so very much. We arrived on Wed. Nov. 18 and we will be leaving to. tomorrow morning, Mon. Nov.24. Our visit has been filled with never a dull moment. Visitors from far and wide have stopped in to visit. Mary and her new baby came in from Missouri followed by her husband who flew in a day later.

Candice said...

What cute pictures! You did a great job! I feel the same way when I take pictures of my kids!

Cheryl Cowan said...

Keri Beth...I left a message for you but didn't know I was signed in under Stacey's blog..so read her comments about the leaves. That is from me. I don't think I left it under the right pictures either. I get the hang of this one day...love you..Aunt Cheryl