Sunday, March 2, 2008

Daddy Daughter Date

This last week McKayla had a daddy daughter date for achievement days. Dave was scheduled to work until 7:00 and the dinner was at 6:00. McKayla was upset that her dad would not be able to take her. He made arrangements at work to go in 2 hours early so that he would be able to make it to the dinner on time. Another part of the date was that they were supposed to dress up like pirates. I did not know if Dave was going to want to dress up, but when he got home he went into his closet and picked out his own costume. He went all out and he looked great! They left and 30 minutes later they walked back in the door. I was worried that we had the wrong day or time, but McKayla wasn't feeling good. She was fevering and really pale. She felt so bad that her dad had changed his work schedule to go to her dinner, and she wasn't going to ask him to leave, but he could tell that she wasn't doing good and he talked her into leaving. It was so cute to see that they both cared so much about the other one. I was proud of both of them! Dave is such a good dad to our 4 kids! He is a hard worker, but he also makes sure that he takes the time to have fun with his family! I am so lucky to have such a great husband and wonderful children. The kids are growing up so fast, I hope that as they continue to get older that they still want to spend time with us!

7 comments:

Cam and Mary said...

Dave and Kayla look so cute! I'm sorry your kids haven't been feeling well. I hope we all get feeling better soon!

Sylv said...

What a good daddy you are, Dave. You two deserve this beautiful family. Love, Sylvia

Unknown said...

Our girls Daddy daughter date was canceled too but, that is because Daddy was really sick! Hopefully, they will make the date up soon.

The Shirley Family said...

Dave really is such a great dad. It's too bad Kayla got sick, I hope she is feeling better.

Michelle said...

I am so crying. I love this moment. Dads and daughters, what a wonderful bond.
I hope you are ok that I look at your blog.

Anonymous said...

What a cute family! You guys are adorable! It looks like everything is going great! Your new baby is just too cute! Just thought I would drop in and say hi!

Blake ~ Amber ~ Noah ~ Jade said...

Ohhhhh, shes so cute to do that for her dad, even though she wasn't feeling well. Your girls are just that sweet, oh and mason's sweet too :) Your pictures on here are all really cute. Babies grow too fast, marlie is looking so big.