Thursday, November 29, 2007

Busy times!!!

I haven't made a post for a long time! We are still around and we have all been very busy! Here are some of the things that we have been up too. Well, Dave worked the first half of November so the kids and I tried not to get out of the house every once in a while so we didn't go crazy!! My friend Natalie took me to her Grandmas back yard and I snapped a few pictures of the kids in the leaves. I thought they turned out cute!

Before the baby arrives I have had a huge "Honey do" list for Dave! The first thing on the list was to replace the dirty and worn carpet in our upstairs hallway with new laminate flooring. The first day that he had off he got to work tearing out the old and with some help from my brother in law Cam the two of them had it done! I love it, it looks great!The next thing on my list was to move all of the kids bedrooms around. We moved the girls from upstairs to the basement, then Mason into their old room, and then made Masons room into the nursery for the baby. It has taken a few days, and it is not all completed yet. Everyday I try to tackle something else, like cleaning out the closet, or underneath the beds, or moving and cleaning out their drawers. It will be so nice when I just get it all done! I will take pictures of their rooms when they are all done and clean! Hopefully I will get it done before the baby gets here!
In November we also had some sad times. With the new baby coming and our house being very full we were wondering if we still had the room for our 105 lb. French Mastif Sophie. We loved her a lot, but she is a full time job! We don't have a fence, and she was having to spend more time outside than she liked. We found a nice man who fell in love with her and wanted to give her a nice home with a fenced in yard. It was an emotional day for eveyone when she left, but we hear that she is happy and adjusting well.

We had other sad news when we heard that Dave's Grandpa Howell passed away. He had been ill for many months, so we are glad that he is no longer suffering! It is always hard to say good bye to people that we love, but we know that we will see him again!

4 comments:

Cam and Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cam and Mary said...

Bye Sophie! I know you guys loved her, but the house is TONS better without her! Your pictures are really cute. Way to go Kayla and Maddi for running! It's nice to have an update, KB! I can't wait for the baby to be born!!!!

Unknown said...

Glad you didn't drop off the face of the earth! I imagine your exhausted moving everything around...we just did that a few months ago and it was a mess! We have been very busy...it is a good thing my head is attached or I would have lost it by now. We leave for California on December 19th. Scott and I leave on a 4 day cruise the 20th and get back Christmas Eve. Hopefully you and Laura will both have your baby's before Christmas! I have to find my card reader to post some pictures and catch eveyone up on my blog!

Alisha said...

The picures of the kids turned out so cute. Kamberlyn was sad she couldn't go to the movies with you. Thanks for inviting her. Hope you are feeling good.